Using the Import feature in the People tab to import user properties via a CSV file into WorkEQ.
While you do not need to import or add users to the Command Center for them to access WorkEQ, there are a couple of use cases for importing user data:
- You want to see a full list of your potential users in reports, whether or not they have logged into WorkEQ yet
- You want to see additional user properties (i.e. location, department, etc.) in reports
- You want to take advantage of additional automation using certain recommended fields (see the list of recommended fields at the bottom of this article)
To import user properties into WorkEQ, you must first create a CSV file with your user data (template here - YOU MUST DOWNLOAD OR CREATE A COPY OF THE TEMPLATE). The email column is required, and has to match the email address that the user uses to log into WorkEQ. Include the word 'Date' in any date columns (i.e. 'HireDate'), to ensure filtering works properly.
Please note that when you import the CSV file it OVERWRITES any previous import - so make sure your CSV file includes all the users/properties that you wish to see in reports. I.e. if a user was part of your previous import, but had never logged into WorkEQ, and are not in your current import, you will no longer see them in reports. The import does NOT overwrite any user generated data - you will still see any users that have logged into WorkEQ, whether or not they are included in your import, and any data they have submitted (i.e. Check-Ins, Vaccine data, etc.).
Once your CSV file is ready, navigate to the Organization tab in the Command Center, and click the Import button in the upper right*. Select your CSV file, map the appropriate columns (email is required), and complete your import.
*If you do not see an Import button, please contact WorkEQ support
Recommended properties to import
- Email - required, and must match the email used to sign in
- First Name
- Last Name
- Phone - import employee cellphone numbers to enable SMS notifications
- Location and/or Office (used for segmenting reports, and to enable hybrid experience capabilities)
- Manager Email (can be used to segment employees by manager, and improves the user experience when socializing schedules)